There has been a LOT of talk about the Coronavirus in the last few weeks and how it has affected healthcare, business, the stock market, and travel. So, we got really proactive here at Limos Long Island, educated ourselves about the disease, and are taking measures to protect You, our valued clients, when you travel with us. First, let’s talk about what we know so far.
5 THINGS WE KNOW ABOUT CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
What We Know about the Coronavirus Outbreak
1. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC), here is what we know about the Coronavirus as of today:
2. 🤒 Coronavirus Symptoms include: fever, coughing, shortness of breath and fatigue.
3. 😷 Face masks help those who are sick from spreading the disease but are not effective to prevent you from getting the disease.
4. The Coronavirus is not considered airborne, meaning you must come in contact with droplets or liquid from the infected. In other words, it will not linger in the air, however, the virus is known to survive on surfaces for up to 9 days.
5. As of Sunday, March 8, 2020, 22 people have died in the United States from the disease, and 544 have been treated. However, in comparison, in the U.S. alone the Flu has caused an estimated 34 million illnesses, 350,000 hospitalizations and over 20,000 deaths this season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). So technically, as of right now, the Novel Coronavirus is only marginally as dangerous as the flu.
With those factors in mind, here are the recommendations from the WHO and CDC.
5 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO PREVENT CATCHING OR SPREADING THE CORONAVIRUS
World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Recommendations
1. Wash hands frequently with normal soap and water for 20 seconds or with hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol.
2. Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
3. Avoid close contact with people who show symptoms. If you are traveling on a bus or plane, and come across someone showing symptoms, it’s a good idea to keep your distance, 2 rows behind or ahead.
4. Practice coughing and sneezing etiquette by covering your mouth using a tissue, which should be properly disposed of as soon as possible.
5. If you feel sick or experience the symptoms of fever, coughing, shortness of breath or fatigue, stay home and keep away from others. If your symptoms continue or get worse, call your doctor.
The World Health Organization explains: Why you Should Not Panic and Cancel all your Travel Plans.
[WATCH VIDEO]: World Health Organization Q&A: Protecting Yourself while Traveling during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak 👩🔬
And lastly, but probably most important to you…
5 MEASURES LIMOS LONG ISLAND IS TAKING TO PROTECT YOU DURING THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK
What Limos Long Island is doing to Protect and Care for Our valued Customers like You
As a result of the recommendations from the CDC and World Health Organization, Limos Long Island has already done the following:
✔️ Our Offices and staff have been provided with antibacterial soap, sprays, wipes and sanitizing hand gels.
We went out of our way to make sure we stocked up on supplies to keep You and our staff safe.
✔️ Chauffeurs will sanitize their vehicles in-between rides, which include door handles, seats, seat-belts and controls.
Since the Coronavirus is not considered airborne it will not linger in the air, even in enclosed areas like cars, buses or planes. However, the virus is known to survive on surfaces for up to 9 days. So our chauffeurs will sanitize their vehicles in-between rides, disinfecting our vehicles and paying special attention to surfaces that our passengers and drivers are frequently coming into contact with. For example, handles, arm rests, seatbelts, controls and seats are all being regularly disinfected.
✔️ Vehicles will have hand wipes and a limited supply of face masks. Just ask your Chauffeur if you would like one.
While face masks are not effective in protecting you from getting the disease, according to the CDC, if you are feeling under the weather and have a cough, fever or any symptoms, please ask for a face mask. This will protect all of our passengers and our drivers too.
✔️ All items that are shared between staff will be sanitized with antibacterial wipes between usage.
For example, car seats, electronics, etc., that may need to go from vehicle to vehicle, will be properly dis-infected at our offices.
✔️ All staff must wash their hands with soap and water, antibacterial wipes or sanitizing hand gel.
Our drivers and staff will not deny any reasonable request to protect your health and safety. If you are nervous about traveling and have any concerns, please speak with your driver when he arrives and ask if he can make any accommodations you may need to set your mind at ease.
One more thing: Limos Long Island WILL Pick You Up
The ride share transportation services, like Uber and Lyft, have had to warn their drivers, who are independent contractors, not to deny service and discriminate against passengers based on their race or country of origin. Limos Long Island is here for you. Regardless of your race or country of origin Limos Long Island drivers, who are employed by our company, can be depended on to pick you up. We stand by our On-time guarantee and our commitment to serve you, and that will never change.
While many people see a Long Island Limousine service as a luxury reserved for the wealthy, others are embracing the concept that a Long Island limo can be both cost effective and practical. There are many occasions where a limo makes more sense than other forms of transportation. Here are five:
1. Airport Transportation
With the heightened security measures at airports across the country and especially at New York airports it’s far too much of a hassle to drive yourself to the airport. When you have to park and drag your luggage to a shuttle and into the airport, it can add another hour to the time you have to allow for pre-boarding. Whether you’re looking for JFK airport transportation, or need a ride to LaGuardia or Newark, a limo service can be just the ticket. You can go in style in a stretch limo, or opt for the more practical sedan. If the whole family is heading to the airport, a limo in New York can be a seven-passenger van or even a 19-passenger sprinter limo bus.
A stretch limousine on Long Island may be standard for the bride and groom, but a limo service can also be a godsend for the bridal party and even for out of town guests. The best limo companies have worry-free wedding packages and coordinators who can ensure that everyone will get to the church (or synagogue or mosque) on time and then to the reception and back to their hotels.
If you’re visiting the Big Apple and want to take in the sights, or stay on Long Island and enjoy our wineries, a limousine service can show either to you in style. Depending on the number in your party, you can use a sedan, a limo, a sprinter van, or a bus to enjoy all that New York has to offer. You can create your own itinerary, and rest assured that the driver will double as a professional tour guide. The best services provide complimentary refreshments and snacks, and even have drivers who can give tours in languages other than English.
4. Sporting Events
When you and your buddies are going to a game, the last thing you need is that hassle of driving and parking at the event. Plus, if you want to knock back a few beers, you certainly don’t want to be behind the wheel after the game. A Long Island limousine can take you to Yankee Stadium, Madison Square Garden, or Flushing Meadows and back again in style.
5. Business Meetings
Whether you’re in town for business, or are hosting out-of-town colleagues or potential clients, a limousine service can help ensure that attendees will get to your meetings on time. A good limo service has experienced drivers who are knowledgeable, discreet, and familiar with the needs of the business traveler.
This is just the tip of the iceberg, but rest assured that a Long Island, New York limousine service isn’t only for special occasions or the wealthy. There are many occasions when a car service or limo can take the hassle out of your transportation.